Do you feel like you’ve been working toward your goals and dreams most of your life? I get it!
Do you keep changing your mind which makes it hard to focus on one thing to actually reach something you want or dream of having? This is me!
If you answered yes to one or both, I hear you loud and clear. I have felt this way many times in my life. I know having so many interests often gets in my way. But somehow, I keep moving in a somewhat upward direction to make progress.
If you openly share stories about your aspirations in life as well as your own personal successes and failures, they can be empowering for anyone you might tell them to. Plus it helps you to keep moving forward.
With the right mindset and approach, you can make steady and continuing progress. Here are a few tips that have helped me.
1. Define your goals and/or dreams clearly. Write them down and break them down into smaller, manageable steps. This is why it's a good reason to have that journal so you have one place to put down your thoughts.
2. Stay motivated: Keep reminding yourself of why you want to achieve your goals and dreams. Create a vision board like I do every January or find some other way to visualize your dreams and successes.
3. Create a plan: Make an action plan that outlines the steps you need to take to achieve your goals. Set realistic timelines and try to hold yourself to them.
4. Take action: Don't just sit around waiting for things to happen. Take those action steps every day towards your goals, even if it's just a tiny step. Even the smallest step forward sends a message out to the universe. I repeat out loud my two-sentence goals/dreams to my spirit guides every day.
For example, out of the “blue” about a week ago, I heard from 3 different book publishers about a book I've been working on for months. I was almost done, when I heard from them, which is why this post is late getting written.
My spirit guides at work. :-)
5. Learn from your failures: Don't let setbacks discourage you. Instead, learn from those mistakes and use them as motivation to keep you going. Remember, reaching your goal(s )takes time and some effort. But with persistence and dedication, you can make your dreams a reality.
Be open to learning from your experiences and adjusting your approach plans as needed. Don't be afraid to seek feedback and tweak changes, when necessary, to your plan. There will be challenges along the way so be prepared to overcome them. Develop resilience and problem-solving skills to navigate and get on top of any setbacks.
It’s important to acknowledge and celebrate your progress and wins along the way. This helps keep your motivation up as well as reinforcing the positive habits you’ve worked on. Always be open to adjusting your goals and/or plans if circumstances change or when you’re handed new opportunities.
Don't hesitate to seek support from mentors, friends, or professionals who can offer guidance, encouragement, and advice. I also find support and answers by drawing a card daily from one of my oracle decks. I’m still amazed at how helpful and enlightening they can be.
Never forget, that you CAN make meaningful progress toward reaching your dreams. It's the journey that shapes you as much as the destination.
You’ve got this my friend. I believe in you! Please let me know if you need some help and/or encouragement. I'm here for you.